Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Meet Bunny






Bunny is our new dog! Yes that's right! There is a long story that goes along with her that I will tell later, but Bunny is our new pure bred black lab that we got for free. She's 2 and a half and a spaz and needs some work, but she has potential. She is not aggressive at ALL and is good w/ the kids and Annabelle. So we'll work with her and see what happens!

On to other news... we have about 6 "rat bird" nests in our yard. This is what Don calls grackles. ;) We didn't know it but there was a nest right in a rose bush about eye level with me! I was standing right next to it and thought I heard birds and looked in there and there was a nest with babies in it! It's been fun for the boys to see! Right now they are pretty little with their eyes closed and hardly any feathers. I need to take a pic of the nest. Today there were a couple fledglings from another nest hopping around the yard. They are ugly and cute all at the same time. The last picture is Bret with one of them. Boy the mama birds sure don't like you messing with their babies. They kept trying to peck at our heads! I ran in the house but Bret wasn't concerned at all!

And Tubby had his first adventure in the hot tub! Here are the pictures (sorry they are not that great... everyone was moving all over the place!)

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Bunny!!!!!! Good grief... I don't talk to you for a few days and look what happens!!!! Can't wait to hear!!
Love, Mom

Jami said...

What a sweet face Bunny has. And Tubby looks like he's having a blast in the tub!